Sunday 9 October 2011

Vintage Fair

Catherine and I were very excited to go to Judy's Affordable Vintage Fair in Nottingham this morning. I was looking forward to going with her rather than hubby as he had not been a massive fan when we visited in London and I knew Cat would enjoy it more.There were loads of clothes, bags, homeware and fabric stalls. I got this little jug to add to my collection;



There were some other little shops there too and we both got a few bits from www.createdbyhannah.blogspot.com, Hannah Stevens makes, amongst other things, items from screen printed textiles. I got this phone case, necklace and earrings;


Here is a shot of the fayre;


To keep with the vintage theme we decided to go to a little tea shop called White Rabbit for a cuppa and a teacake. Although the little cafe is lovely, they even do afternoon tea, I have to say the service was veeeerrry slow. Still, worth a visit though. It's just opposite Marks and Spencers on Houndsgate. They serve everything on mix and match vintage china, cute huh?


We spent the rest of the afternoon looking at Catherine and my Mum's outfits for New York (i'm not sure what i'll do to pass the time when I get back!) and singing songs from The Lion King in anticipation of the 3D movie coming soon!


Lastly, here is a picture of Catherine in front of a mosaic mural which I think is fab but she is not so keen (and, no, she is not wearing white socks, she is just that pale ha,ha!!) I tried to steal that cardigan but she was having none of it :-(



No comments:

Post a Comment