Monday 31 December 2012

New Years Eve - Part 1

Afternoon tea party - I have split my blog posts tonight into two, I felt like I wanted to do a summary of 2012 as it has been quite a year but also wanted to include todays activities. 

This afternoon we went to my sisters house for afternoon tea. She had made a lovely selection of goodies, sandwiches, scones and cake as well as plenty of tea. 


As we were just chilling out at home this morning I thought it would be nice to get dressed up for the occasion and spent a bit of time trying on some outfits, I wanted to accessorise as well. I decided on a deep pink tea dress that I have had for sometime from Boden. I have not worn it for ages and it was perfect. I wore berry coloured tights and a bright pink cardigan from Gap. In the photos I have on my beautiful pink suede heels from Next but as it was raining I swapped them for the recently posted pink boots, I told you they would make further appearances! 

You can't really see from the photos but I tried to style my hair so it looked a bit more 'vintage' by backcombing it so my half ponytail was pushed up and I clipped it with a sparkly clip that I had for a wedding. I also wore some art deco style earrings I had for my 18th birthday and my chunky Primark pearls.




As I could not let my two favourite accessories let me down I dressed the twins for tea as well! Matilda wore a pretty flowery print sundress with a yellow cardigan from H&M and John Lewis and the coolest tights ever from Next. George wore his baggy jeans from Mothercare, a smart checked shirt from John Lewis and his bargain Ralph Lauren cardigan that I had for him before he was even born! They looked fab if I do say so myself.



No comments:

Post a Comment