Thursday 22 September 2011

Sewing with Violet

As I am back to work I have been wearing nothing but my uniform and pj's (which I am in as I write this, yes it is barely 6pm!) I don't have much to post fashion wise from the past few days. However, I have got my sewing machine, Violet, back from my friend who borrowed it and have been sewing a few bits. 


I have mainly made cushions. The ones with the birds one were actually a tea towel that I cut in half to make 2 slightly different ones and backed them with some lovely green fabric I had. The fabric was just too nice to dry the dishes with and they look great on the sofa. The yellow coloured one was also a tea towel that I got when I was in London, again, too nice to use as a tea towel and I love the print. I couldn't bare to cut it in two though and cut one of the birds in half! 


I have also made a cushion with an apple on it for my sister to use in her classroom and something for one of my friends but I won't give the surprise away on here. I need to finish the curtains for the spare room at some point too but I think I'll save that for another day!






No comments:

Post a Comment