Friday 20 April 2012

Getting ready...

I have been struggling to sleep the past few nights, suffering from pins and needles and 'dead legs' all night and it's beginning to get on my nerves! It even meant I had to cancel my plans for lunch today as so needed a rest and a sleep, I have sat around all day and thought I may as well update the blog with my latest things of interest.


We have been deciding what to pack for the twinnies to take to hospital, we have been advised I will be there for a week to ten days and so will actually need quite a bit. As babies grow soooo fast we don't have many really small things. I popped into Tk Maxx to see what they had in the way of baby clothes yesterday. Over the years I have found that the store near me is actually pretty rubbish, that is until I looked at the children's clothes. They have some unusual and different things to the shops I normally go to which is nice. A lot of the clothes seem to be from America or France and they are more unique than Next or Mothercare (don't get me wrong, I still like these shops too!) 


A few weeks ago I had seen this lovely cardigan which is from the 'boy baby' section but will actually be ok for girl twin too. It was originally £40, went down to £30 but I thought it was far too expensive for a baby cardigan so left it. I noticed yesterday it was now £20 and decided to snap it up, extravagant perhaps but soooo cute...




I have had a couple of bits delivered that I bought off ebay this week too, both are lovely little vintage pieces. I can't wait to wear the cute cat and pearl brooch. The bracelet is by a jewellery designer called Sarah Coventry, I think she mainly made pieces in the 70's and 80's and you can often pick up a bargain from one of her ranges on ebay. I have previously posted a couple of brooches she designed on here and occasionally have a look to see what nice things of hers are for sale, I do have to pick and choose as many of her things are not to my taste.




Finally, I have made this cute cushion for the nursery this week, I am going to make an owl one next...



No comments:

Post a Comment