Monday 9 April 2012

Introducing the nursery...

I am really glad that we managed to sort the nursery out towards the start of the year, I am so tired and can't do anything remotely physical, including shopping (boo) that at least I don't have to worry about being ready for the grand arrival. Their official due date is 6th June but we anticipate them coming sometime in May and are as ready as we'll ever be...


We were initially going to decorate in a Paddington Bear theme as I had seen some wallpaper and fabric and thought that the walls would be a palish blue, however, when we were in John Lewis one day after Christmas buying loads of their things and ordering the cots we saw this AMAZING paper by Harlequin and immediately went to the fabric and paper department to look at it. We knew instantly that we wanted it and came home to measure up.


My Auntie had said that she would help me make the curtains and my Dad and the hubs papered the chimney breast. We tested about a million different greens before settling on the first one we found in the B&Q Colours range, I forget the name now. It all came together pretty easily. We chose a pink blackout blind from Dunelm and some white children's furniture from Ikea. Our friends and their little baby girl came over for the day and whilst the boys built everything us girls ate cake and talked about babies, perfect!



The beautiful curtains that I had a little (ok, a lot) of help in making. 


The lovely wallpaper and matching fabric for the curtains and cushion. 





No comments:

Post a Comment