Thursday 4 October 2012

Must not wear stripes...

Since my stripe challenge I have realised that I rarely wear anything but stripes and they are a bit of a clothing addiction, I seem to be drawn to them. I have found myself wearing them all the time without even consciously meaning to.

I decided that today I would not reply on stripes and try to wear some of my other things (those that fit!) I think half the problem is that they go so well and easily with jeans and legging and are so easy to throw on when you are rushing out the door to baby group with two (or even one I imagine!) babies. Anyway, I recently ordered a new Boden skirt, basically seduced by the ridiculous price of £19! I knew I had to try it and went for the bright tomato red. I wore it today and although when I put it on it was a little tight I decided to go for it. I then realised that I have nothing to wear with it and need some new tops, jumpers and cardigans! 

I originally went for this thinking it would create a 60's Parisian type look...

The cardigan was, with hindsight, a poor purchase as I don't really like it! It was only £14 from Tesco but still, I feel like it was a waste of money. 

As you can see the skirt is a bit tight!!







I was in a bit of a rush as we wanted to go and see Nanny and Grandad back from their holidays but changed into this cardigan...

This is a simple black Gap cardigan that I have had for ages. I popped on my chunky Primark pearl necklace and leopard print pumps and we were out the door!

To make up for deserting me for just over a week they had kindly brought presents back and I got this cute Orla Keily scarf from Uniqlo and this pretty necklace from Banana Republic. I put them both on and they went fab with my outfit, the scarf really lifted it and gave it some colour. I do have to say though that the whole outfit was not very practical for being up and down all day with the twins and one of them was sick on the skirt! Oh well, nothing a baby wipe didn't fix! I was glad to get home and into my lounge suit ha, ha!


I'm off to compile my list of 'things I need' so far, new trainers, the red skirt in green and some cords, oh and new tops...

No comments:

Post a Comment