Sunday 4 November 2012

Celebrate good times, come on...

Today has been a lovely, if slightly hectic day, celebrating both a Christening and a birthday. We were up early to make the 10am service for the Christening of my lovely friends little boy. My friend and I were pregnant at the same time and she definitely helped keep me sane constantly asking her questions about each stage of the pregnancy. Luckily, I had organised pretty much everything the night before which was handy as hubby didn't get in from work until 2am!

I enjoyed the opportunity to dress up for a change and wore a dress I had a few seasons ago from Boden (where else?) I got it in the sale and remember ordering it with some trepidation as I was not sure the style and cut was 'me' but am so pleased I took a chance as I really like it. I also wore my old (at least 7 years!) tan boots, a navy cardigan from Gap and a mac I got from Oasis for the bargain price of £20 a while back. I dug out all my pearls as it was a special occasion, the chunky ones around my neck as some cheap Primark specials worn many times but my earring and bracelet are real. The bracelet my Mum and Dad bought me to wear on my wedding day so it is very special. I also wore my cute little vintage watch.

I did ask hubby to take some photos for me as I actually had someone to hold the camera for me but he was trying to be 'funny photographer' saying 'give me angry, give me moody' etc and I kept laughing at him, hence the silly poses!

After the Christening we joined my family at my cousins house for a little get together for her birthday. Happy Birthday Amy :-) x








No comments:

Post a Comment